The Myko team is made up of a diverse array of researchers, students, professionals, and partners.
STRATEGY AND OPERATIONS
Myko’s team of disciplinary experts in law and governance (real-time/AI), life cycle analysis, computer science and artificial intelligence working with other experts in engineering, management, behavioural economics, communications studies, and biology including:
- Monica Wachowicz, University of New-Brunswick, Associate Professor Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering and the CISCO Chair in Big Data. Read MoreHer work involves using big data in order to map and predict social behaviour. Her expertise is at the core of developing a reflexive algorithm for the social scoring platform. Role: development of data collection and analysis systems.
- Cécile Bulle, École des sciences de gestion of UQAM, Professor in the Département de stratégie, responsabilité sociale et environnementale and Research Chair at the Interuniversity Research Centre for the Life Cycle of Products (CIRAIG). Read MoreTrained as a chemical engineer with an expertise in modelling environment impacts. Role: coordination of LCA analysis and calculation of sustainability thresholds of user behaviours and consumption.
- Benjamin Fung, McGill University, Associate Professor and Canada Research Chair in Data Mining for Cybersecurity. Read MoreHe has expertise in using data mining to identify behavioural patterns and in designing databases to protect privacy and security. Role: ensure platform security and efficiency.
- Brian Leung, McGill University, Associate Professor of Biology and a member of the McGill School of Environment. Read MoreHis research focuses on creating models for ecological forecasting given uncertainty and sparse data. He has expertise in algorithm creation, decision theory, bioeconomic analysis, and risk analysis. Role: producing the mathematical models identifying behavioral patterns.
- Nicolas Kosoy, McGill University, Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences. Read MoreSpecializes in ecological economics and the socioecological assessment of human impacts. Role: experimental design for development of behavioral intervention tools.
- Jeremy Cooperstock, McGill University, Associate Professor in the department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, member of the Centre for Intelligent Machines and director of the Shared Reality Lab. Read MoreExpert in human-computer sensory interactions. Role: deployment of automatic systems for data collection.
- Philippe St-Jean, McGill University, Sustainability Construction Officer. Read MoreOversees the LEED O+M certification project at McGill and improved sustainability of McGill’s infrastructure. Role: Developing feedback loops between Myko users and infrastructure they interact with.
- Primavera De Filippi, CNRS and Berkman Center at Harvard University. Read MoreResearches governance-by-design on the internet and the implications of encryption and blockchain for building social trust. Role: Creation of governance tools for the platform and assist our reflection on the relevance of the blockchain.
- Bernd Holznagel, University of Munster, Professor of Law and Director of Public Law at ITM. Read MoreExpert on internet governance and data regulation. Role: Creation of tools and regulations to allow for governance of the app by its users.
- Nima Navab, Concordia University, Researcher in Topological Media Lab and graduate in environmental design. Read MoreFocuses on the role of art and technology in enhancing both intimate and large-scale public interactions. Role: production of impact visualizations and other sensory responses.
Myko has attracted some extraordinarily talented and accomplished people to the project over the years. They include:
Our institutional partners include:
- McGill University Sustainability Systems Initiative
- Concordia University – Itinerum Platform
- CIRAIG, the International Reference Centre for the Life Cycle of Products, Processes and Services
- LEED Arc Platform
- Montreal Climate Coalition
- Pact for Transition
We are a participating member of the Boussole durable/Sustainability Compass program.